Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently monitor engine functions through my edge attitude. However I'm planning on going back to traditional gauges. In addtion to boost and EGT I wanted to install a fuel pressure gauge. Has anyone installed one and where would be the best place to tap the fuel line to mount it?

·
Registered
484 Posts
unless you have lift pumps it's not nesscasary because the fuel system in a duramax is vacum from the factory

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have been wondering the same except i was thinking more into the fuel rail pressure gauge if thats possible..

·
Registered
484 Posts
I believe Diprocal (sp?) is working on it, I know there is manual rail psi gauges for the CR Cummins.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if I was to add a FASS system or something comprable would it be worth getting the fuel pressure gauge?

·
Registered
310 Posts
does any one no if edge shows actual rail pressure on the newer dmaxs. you can pull it up on a gm tech 2.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't know of any boxes that allow you to monitor actual rail pressure. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until you can though.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good, Thanks Buggy!

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can use a scan gauge to observe both actual and commanded FRP on the same gauge. No point in reinventing the wheel here, the sensors are already in place. The gauge plugs in to the OBD port, it doesn't get any easier.

got gauges?

you can read boost, allison temperature, etc also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts