Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I installed a fuel pressure gauge from Glowshift to monitor my AirDog 150. I bought and installed the 8 psi spring from Vulcan Performance. My gauge reads a minimum of 12 psi while the engine is under load and about 14-15 psi while idling. Since I installed the 8 psi spring I assumed that the pressure output of the AirDog would be closer to 8-10 psi. Should I install the stock spring back into the AirDog or are Glowshift gauges not accurate?

While I was out test driving the truck, I was coasting downhill and my AFRP (Edge CTS3) hit 16 kpsi while the DFRP read 8 kpsi. With my foot off the throttle my RPM's read around 680/700 and the engine sounds like it is loping, when I return my foot to the throttle the FRP tolerance closes, but does not equal out, then the engine begins sounding somewhat normal. I'm thinking my FPR is on the way out, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts