Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
speedometer gone bad

i have a 2004 duramax diesel i was going to the store when i turned a corner the truck then stalled out but then stayed running to the store and it died i was able to prime the filter and it got me back home but now i can get it started for about 10 seconds then it dies it seems to lose fuel pressure in the filter is there a pump that gets it to the fiter or what does anyone have any ideal about my problem.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Pull the top of the primer bubble off and see if the o ring is bad. Also when you prime it do you open the bleeder screw??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea just oped the prime the o rings look good did the bleeder screw try to crank and it loses prime fasttyred to put air in the tank but no luck when i prime the filer it stays tight untill i try to start it

·
Registered
393 Posts
Did you replace the fuel filter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yes just did thought it was the new 1 but i put the old back on it no luck when the problem first happend it seem like something got in the line im going to drop the tank and check the lines

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
droped the tank cleaned the lines no luck pluged the programer in i got trouble codes does anyone know where i can look up codes

·
Registered
542 Posts
droped the tank cleaned the lines no luck pluged the programer in i got trouble codes does anyone know where i can look up codes
Codes are listed in the factory shop manual. If you don't have one, good thing to get.
Post the codes and I'll look then up for you.

·
Registered
915 Posts
DTC#01 p0370,#02 p0700,#03p1550,#04u1024 thanks BIOTEC i will invest in a manual
Code:p0370Modules:ECM Description:High Resolution Circuit

P0700 is the TCM requesting a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light aka: "check engine").

P1550 Fuel Injector Control Module System Voltage

U1024 Lost Communications With Transmission Control Module (TCM)

·
Registered
542 Posts
DTC#01 p0370,#02 p0700,#03p1550,#04u1024 thanks BIOTEC i will invest in a manual
Sounds like a loose connection, possibly on the ECM. Check your connections carefully, you may not have pushed connector in all the way.
ECM appears to be the common denominator

P0370 is the FICM (fuel inj control module) and the signal sent from the ECM (eng control module)
P0700 TCM (trans control module) requesting signal from ECM
P1550 FICM senses low voltage from ECM
U1024 not listed, check # again
maybe U1064 transfercase shift control module

U1001 - U1254 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications
when signal not detected, sends code. number identifies module affected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks for the info i guess its time to take it to the pros this shade tree mechanic has gone far enough would any of this cause me to lose pressure in the fuel filter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
check all wires going into the ECM did a volt read on termanals got 13v going in no volts coming out on the turn of the key or when try to start found someone to rebuild for $214 and hope this is the problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
GREAT NEWS 4 now took off EMC checked all wires let the truck sit 2 hours no batt rechecked all fues all good put all back toghter starts right up seen gas petal wires 1 was bent mabe not makeing good conn.and the speedometer does not come off 0 at all the past year its been moveing all over the place 120mph to 40mph. thanks 4 the help forum nation BIOTEC u saved me alot of$$$$$$$$ no DTS reported ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts