Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I know this post has been talked about before but I have read everyone’s reviews that’s are several years old compared to today’s date. With that being said, what is today’s best investment for a lift fuel pump?Manufacturer and GPH size? I have a 06 LBZ that has a edge chip but other then that is stock. I am towing a travel trailer this coming spring for the first time and I am looking to protect my CP3 and longevity of my rig. I love my truck and want it to last a lifetime. Thank you for your input, advice and help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Shop Specialties. I will look in to Kennedy. I have herd some chatter about those but never really any hard core reviews. Even YouTube does not have to many reviews on it. I appreciate the input I am conflicted between the Fass and AirDog. So it is nice to get a third contender thrown into the mix. Thanks.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
The Kennedy is a good pump and the install is elegant. I got the FASS 95 because I liked the idea of "polishing" the fuel by recirculating it through the two filters.

I also like the fact that it is self priming. Makes changing filters easier and no pre-filling required.

Ive only had it about 4 years but it has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to run any of the big names (Airdog, FASS, Kennedy, BD, Aeromotive, etc), they are all reliable and work well. One thing I like about the FASS and Airdog is the "polishing", recirculating the fuel through the filters multiple times appeals to me. Does it make a difference? I can't prove it one way or the other, but it gives me a warm fuzzy, which counts for something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the input HWI. That is something I like as well when it comes to "polishing" the fuel. There are so many reviews and different inputs out there. It is a good chance of change out of my pocket so I would like to get it right the first time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point 407driver. It looks like to me that the 95gph is no longer sold but rather a 100gph. Must be the new filter setup without the bleeder screw.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fass still is the 95gph. I just bought one less than a month ago. It's their new titanium signature series with the new style filters.

I did see some sites listed it as 100gph but yet the part numbers were the same as the 95.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotcha that makes more sense 19trax95. I did not look at the part numbers. I knew the filets changed but I was also curious why they would move away from a bleeder screw on the water separator. You think it is a new way to buy more filters more often? Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just looked again and do see a 100gph listed as well as a 95gph.

Kind of off to have both being so close in rating.

But from what I gather from the filters, the water separator is supposedly much better than their older version. I've seen their test videos and it impressive. Granted the video is put out by them, so take that for what it's worth.

I'm not sure why the drain isnt there though. If they are that efficient at water separation youd think youd need to drain it more often depending on fuel quality

·
Registered
535 Posts
The new FASS water separator doesn't have a drain because the filter media absorbs the water rather than pooling it at the bottom of the filter. The thing is a beast at removing water, I actually switched back to FASS filters because of it, I had been running Baldwin filters for years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts