Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,740 Posts
I would never bypass the factory filter and you don't have to, flip a coin on the Fass or Air Dog but I like the mounting of the Air Dog over the Fass.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Looking at adding a fuel pump(Fass or Air Dog) to my 2015 LML. Anyone had any pro or cons to either or? Also can you bypass the factory filter after you install one or still keep it?
keep it, you want all the filtration you can get. from what ive read there apples to apples. Probably the only real consideration is the availability of filters. If one is much easier for you to get, go that route. I would do the lowest GPH option they have.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
....not sure if the 95 will be enough or need to go higher
If you could figure out how much it would take to haul, up (choose your hill) whatever grade to achieve a measly 2mpg in your Dmax, it would still only burn thru 30gph.

Are you near 2mpg with anything you do?
I'm guessing, not. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
You could always head up North to the Harbor bridge in Corpus. :teehee
I think that's highest climb in 200 miles from ya.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
FASS 95 will be plenty for a fully tuned and deleted... Worked fine on my 2013.. ANd I deleted the factory... The FASS filter was higher micron filtration then OEM...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
im honestly not convinced that any truck regardless of the power its putting to the wheels would see a gain by increasing the fuel delivery rate over 95 GPH, anything more is just gimmick.

To look at it another way, if your averaging 20 MPG, thats roughly 3-4 gallons per hour at highway speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts