Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know PPE sells the fuel rail fittings for like $40ea, but I've heard of people drilling out their stock ones to the size of the PPE ones (3/32). Im thinking about doing this while my fuel rails are out, anyone see a difference in them?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've read what the lb7 needs to be, but the llys are different..

Anyone..?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the lb7 ones were 5/32? I think on the lly they need to be different or that's what other threads were saying..I don't really know..

Something about one side .125 and the other .06

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump..different sizes or same?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I did the fuel rail fitting a while ago. I did it before i put the air dog lift pump on. It helped quite a bit with letting the truck get more fuel, wasn't draining the rails as fast. I don't know what youre hoping to get out of it. When you see them side by side, it seems like a no brainer, and a very obvious mod that needs to be done. I can't say if it has any impact no with the adii installed, but i do know i absolutely don't run out of fuel any more.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an ADII and 5psi indicator light for it to tell me when it's clogged and needs to be changed, the light doesn't come on unless I get in it pretty good..I'm not sure if it's draining the rails and coming on or what..I will be adding a s400 turbo within the next couple weeks and could use all the fuel I can get..I have a 1/2" AD hose going straight from the AD to the cp3 (fuel filter deleted and ficm relocated without fuel).

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Well sounds like a no brainer to get the fitting.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there's two different sizes since the lly and lbz, one side feeds the other and they can both be the same, I'm just going to port my own, many do it and theres no reason to spend $80 (40ea) on fittings when I can make a bigger hole lol..

·
Diesel Junky
1,107 Posts
have you turned your pressure in the airdog up? that could help:thumb

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not yet..I still think I need to port them and it will help fuel my turbo..

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
there's two different sizes since the lly and lbz, one side feeds the other and they can both be the same, i'm just going to port my own, many do it and theres no reason to spend $80 (40ea) on fittings when i can make a bigger hole lol..
ha ha... True!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fuel fitting mods.

there's two different sizes since the lly and lbz, one side feeds the other and they can both be the same, I'm just going to port my own, many do it and theres no reason to spend $80 (40ea) on fittings when I can make a bigger hole lol..
Recently I drilled out the fitting on my drivers side rail while having it off to put a FPR relief plug in it to 5/64. Do I need to do the same to the opposite fuel rail?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts