Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a 08 LMM with 180k and I’m having fuel starvation problems. I have a 52 gallon titan tank to which I’ve added a fass150 and fass fuel filter delete. The problem is after the truck is up to NOT and I shut it off say to refuel when I turn it on again it burns the fuel in the lines for a few seconds then dies. My fix to get it go going is to crack open the water separator drain and release a pressure build up. I turn the key on and the pump starts. It makes a noise as its working to fill up the lines again that’s how I know it will start. I have changed out both filters, I’ve check the fuel filter head under to hood for pressure leaks,
I’ve tightened the fittings on the fass and made sure the filters are good and tight. Now it doesn’t do this all the time. It can be good for weeks then one day it’ll act up again. I’m at a loss as to where to go from here? I can get it going again every time but it’s not as it should be. Could something be in the tank and getting sucked up the pickup tube? Any ideas?
:help please.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
When you say release pressure build up, is fuel/water comming out or air?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tank and Fass 150 were done at the same time. The delete was done 10k after.
What comes out is air. Very rarely is their fuel that drains out when the pressure is released.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
It's sounds like you have a slow air leak bettween the tank and the pump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts