Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Fuel sump

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Automobile Freak 
#1 ·
I just recently added a Fass 95gph lift pump and saw where a guy added a sump to his tank he claims it helps deliver fuel and helps with fuel levels under a 1/4 tank and I'm wanting to know if this would be a waste of money or is it actually a logical and useful performance add it really doesnt seem to costly but looks like you have to drill a hole in the tank for installation

#3 ·
I installed mine back in January and usually dont let the truck get below half tank. But I have ran it down to around 1/8 tank a couple times just to see if I would have issues and I didnt.

I used the newer style fass with the draw straw that gets installed in the top of the fuel module in the tank.

#5 ·
I concur with all the above, my FASS 95 has never caused that issue. That coupled with I really don't want to cut a hole in the bottom my fuel tank. It just seems like another potential problem to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.