Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am really looking into some fuel system upgrades, Right now I am looking into the AirDog Air/Fuel Separation System. I am later going to go to the ATS Diesel Twin CP3 Fuel System. But for now I am working on the filtration system. Can anyone devise me a plan of a sick ass fuel system. Straight from the tank to the pistons. I don't want the cheapest route, I want a system that will deliver just serious amounts of fuel. Please let me know what you guys have and used. and if the two systems I have mentioned will work out well! Thanks guys!:drink

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and PS I will be converting to EFI life from the P.O.S we all know as Edge, So I got that portion covered. When I make the switch I am going to eliminate the Edge and install the EFI live and upload the tunes before I fire her up with the new fuel system in place.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
IMO i think all you need is a lift pump for right now..and then get a trans u dont really need dual cp3's till higer hp

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
X2 with Kyle, I would not consider dual fuelers until you are ready for a built motor. They tend to push you out of the safety range for stock internals.

·
Registered
461 Posts
X2 with Kyle, I would not consider dual fuelers until you are ready for a built motor. They tend to push you out of the safety range for stock internals.
Damn! double wammy from meyer reps! You beat me to the punch, i was gonna warn about dual fuelers on stock internals also!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Agreed.......

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yeah, without a built tranny and a big turbo, two turbos there's no need for dual cp3's. Thats a hefty chunk of change that should go elsewhere IMO.

I'd recommend an airdogII lift pump for you. It's the best unit on the market right now, it installs easy, runs quiet, and flows plenty of fuel. Plus it has the filter setup as well.

Let me know if I can help!

-Jesse

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, Well what upgrade would you suggest on my internals? Studs? Heads? Cams? What are we talking about here. Help me out guys, I make good money and I have an addiction to my truck.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
studs,, cut coated pistons,rods, the person you want to contact about this is so cal diesel on Duramaxdiesels......sorry for giving a dude thats not a sponsor but he would know the most

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
studs,, cut coated pistons,rods, the person you want to contact about this is so cal diesel on Duramaxdiesels......sorry for giving a dude thats not a sponsor but he would know the most
That's cool I mean I try to use these guys a bit but sometimes because of my geographic location its hard. But anyway, I was already thinking about doing the SoCal heads stage 2 and the Hot/Street Cams. Think that will firm her up a little bit?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
That's cool I mean I try to use these guys a bit but sometimes because of my geographic location its hard. But anyway, I was already thinking about doing the SoCal heads stage 2 and the Hot/Street Cams. Think that will firm her up a little bit?
yes i would contact them they know it all

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes i would contact them they know it all
Ill give em a ring but i am really dont have much left in the budget. I am still paying off the 11K i put into it 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
lo ya i gotcha just talk to him see what u need
or go over on that forum and aks around they are all big motor build people!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lo ya i gotcha just talk to him see what u need
or go over on that forum and aks around they are all big motor build people!
A little off topic, but did you put in your down pipe yourself? If you did, How hard was it? I am about to do mine within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
A little off topic, but did you put in your down pipe yourself? If you did, How hard was it? I am about to do mine within the next two weeks.
i did mine myself
mine was hard
but i heard that the LBZ's and LMM are even harder!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i did mine myself
mine was hard
but i heard that the LBZ's and LMM are even harder!
*Sigh*, I was afraid of that. I dont get what is so hard about opening up the engine bay on some of these trucks. I mean would it hurt to put another inch or so around the motors. Thanks for your help man! :drink

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
537 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts