Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So say I have a 2007 lbz, and I put an exhaust on it, Built trans, gauges, intake all that stuff, I want to run a hot tune well I know the stock cp3 can't handle the requirements of a hot tune. So could I skip a lift pump, and put a 85% modded cp3 on or is a lift pump a must whether or not your cp3 is stock or modded?

Sorry if this seems dumb but was just curious. I know a lift pump is cheaper and easier but if you plan on doing a lot with the truck is is necessary if you do mod the cp3 and add nozzles?

Thanks, Dylan

·
Premium Member
17,808 Posts
You need the lift pump to run the hot tune-! Do that first and then see how it performs

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The overall plan would be just a DD, then towing a 33 foot boat at one point, and maybe a local tractor pull. I'd like it to be reliable and I'd rather over due the fuel system at first than have to re do it again later.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I'd do the lift pump, and stick with the stock CP3 then.

you'll be OK.

·
Registered
462 Posts
you shouldn't need a modded or dual cp3 unless you plan on doing a full motor build there's lots of guy's running 40 over nozzles and twins with no problems just get an airdogII ported rail fittings an a race fuel valve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts