Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD and am looking for someone living in the Lower Mainland of BC to add an extra fuel tank to my truck. Any recommendations?
James in Surrey

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Titan fuel systems. Buy it and bolt it in.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Titan tanks are nice, but be prepared to open up that wallet, very expensive. An aluminum in-bed tank is a lot cheaper if you don't mind taking up bed space.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I looked at the Titan tank as well. But it's not worth it. I bought a DEE ZEE box mounted combo tank and tool box. It holds an additional 160 litres of fuel. I think it's great.

·
Registered
277 Posts
TRY TDOT performance. Canadian company that ships free in Canada. They are a Deezee dealer.
I bought mine through them and am very happy with their pricing and service.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I looked at the Titan tank as well. But it's not worth it. I bought a DEE ZEE box mounted combo tank and tool box. It holds an additional 160 litres of fuel. I think it's great.
I have one too - works great and simple enough to install yourself

Attachments

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Loved my Titan tank, and kept all my bed room. 59 Gal tank...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Titan! They're not the cheapest option, but you get to keep the bed. I had one in my '05 Sierra and had just topped it off when I was struck by a semi on the interstate and violently spun and rolled that puppy into the median. Didn't leak a drop. Immediately put one into the LBZ I purchased as a replacement. If you tow something long and heavy, it's a pain in the butt to find a diesel pump every few hours that likes a fifty-foot combo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am doing my homework on extended tanks. I have a 2005 LLY, crew cab 6’ bed.

I called Titan & S&B. Both had great reps who were professional, polite & knowledgeable. I flat out asked both why I should buy their product over the other. Titan boasted USA made & available on the east coast via authorized dealers.

S&B stated that they include sending unit. BIG PLUS, S&B have baffles in the tank. Specifically around the pick up and sending unit.

S&B is cheaper but are 4+ weeks out to ship. No local dealers. Shipping is free however.

Next I contacted a reputable custom shop whom I’ve used in the past. I told him my mission. He stated that he has run into the following;
1) fuel starvation when truck is on an angle. The tanks are so large/long that fuel rushes to the low point. You could have 1/4 tank and all that fuel is in the front or back on an angle/hill. S&B baffle will help prevent that.

2) Extended tanks are so large you need to re-locate FAAS or other lift pump systems.

3) Extended tanks hinder dropping transmission & transfer tank. Hence you need to drop the tank to work on transmission.

These are the hurdles I have come across so far. I will definitely go with the S&B because of the baffles . Seems like a “no brainer”

RR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts