Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys... new guy here
I'm buying a new CC 3500hd I guess GMC
I have some experience with Cummins stuff but no doubt GMC i ahead big time right now...

SO I'm planning to have a aux tank with a 100gal and for what i understand in my truck the front tank is the main one and the rear the stock aux...
I'm guessing if i'm going to gravity feed i can do it to the front tank so i can watch the gauge ....
1) is it a problem to leave it leaking all the time???
2) are the connections for a Fass the same or is it different in this truck??
3) Cummins need 18psi of fuel why Duramax has only 10psi???
4) I live at Canada. Will the fuel line freeze wo having a Fass???
5) Is the Dealer friendly with a Fass pump???

THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
From what I've heard, dealers are not supportive of FASS or AirDog lift pumps and take it as a "voiding of warranty" although my dealership has not done this. So it depends on your dealership.

My AirDog runs at 10psi.
What do you mean when you ask about having it leaking all the time? Feeding into the main tank all the time and thus the main tai stays full always till the aux tank runs dry?
Connections are pretty simple - they are quick connects like the stock ones. I replaced them with hose and clamps though.
I don't know about freezing... I live in Florida. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan is to have a 100 gal tank feeding the stock tank .... but i can use a smaller hose and just open it and leave it feeding the small/stock... I do that in my dodge and the ECM never says nothing to me but i Know some Ford or GMC dont like it??? Is it Right??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts