Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help: need acdelco part nmber for fuel transfer pump for my 06 6.6L chevy 2500 4x4. its the pump mounted to drivers side frame rail and my local auto parts store cant find it. Thanks for your assistance.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
That pump is not stock. Its aftermarket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel transfer pump

No aftermarket parts have been added, maybe transfer pump wrong part name. This is small in line fuel pump mounted on drivers side frame rail, has single line in and four lines out along with electrical connector. Mechanic told me its transfer pump maybe it goes by different name. Thanks for your reply

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
There is no transfer pump on a stock duramax. The injection pump pulls the fuel to the injectors. Take a picture of it & post.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If his truck has dual tanks then it has a pump. GM did not put a fuel switch over valve on these turcks. The pump just keeps the level of fuel the same in both tanks. My 06 has one with the dual tanks. It comes on all the time and is located in the frame. It makes a knocking sound when running and will run even with the turck turned off.
To the OP, I have seen this listed on several GM parts websites as well as Advanced Auto parts and Autozone. They sell for about $90. I'll look it up and give a link to one.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
here are the 2 photos he sent me:

thought it looked like something for the antilock brakes...It is kinda hard to tell though. I know someone that has this on their truck will recognize it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for ur reply johnACman but mine is single tank model. I believe ob1 wen he says there is no lift pump that wd explain difficulty locating part. Friend got truck running after hooking computer up to truck which said the problem is with an injector connector? Truck ran me home w/o problems for 45 mile drive but when i went to start it next am it ran for bout ten seconds then quit. I am more confused than wen i started!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for ur reply johnACman but mine is single tank model. I believe ob1 wen he says there is no lift pump that wd explain difficulty locating part. Friend got truck running after hooking computer up to truck which said the problem is with an injector connector? Truck ran me home w/o problems for 45 mile drive but when i went to start it next am it ran for bout ten seconds then quit. I am more confused than wen i started!
That would explain why the parts guy couldn't find it. Sound like you have an electrical problem some where.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2004 just did the same thing, ran for about 10 seconds then died, will not crank back, it has the same pump in the pictures above does anyone know what tthe problem was on dochaley99's truck. it also does not have dual tanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished installing a gm transfer pump and bracket on my 2001 silverado. The stock frame was already drilled for the mounting bracket. Do not drill the frame. Just cut a section out of the fuel line and connect with appropriate compression fittings. The problem with the starting and quitting is caused by the hot fuel in the tank contracting when the fuel cools and pulls a vacuum within the fuel line. The problem becomes progressively worse in cold weather and is overcome with priming using the manual pump on the filter assembly several times .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts