Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is low sulfer 500 ppm the same as ulsd?

I have been running standyne and using low sulfer fuel.

my mileage is worse 11.2
when i did not use standyne my mileage was 15.1?

I have checked twice using the standyne and not using standyne.
On the bottle it say formulated for ulsd?
I live on the coast of NC
Should I only be using Standyne when we switch to ulsd?
I am so confused her guys?
I thought using the additive was a good thing?

ANy advice would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
LSD is 500ppm, ULSD is 15ppm. They are not the same fuels. You can use your additive with either diesel fuel and you will see a benefit. I run the AMSOIL Diesel Concentrate and am very pleased with it.

-Chuck

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have had a decrease in mpgs with the standyne performance so quit using it and went to lucus oil additive, it gets me a mile ar a little more so its better than a decrease in miliage

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have used Lucas but I really like FPPF fuel additive. It is sometimes hard to find though. Luckly I have 2 truck stops 5 miles from me so I can usually find it at 1 of those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive run FPPF and had great results but i also put Lucas in with it

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Try this

I too have had a decrease in mpgs with the standyne performance so quit using it and went to lucus oil additive, it gets me a mile ar a little more so its better than a decrease in miliage
I admit I initially saw a mpg drop too,I find every other or 2-3 tanks is enough Stanadyne.The truck will see 22 on hwy,if i am behaving and using treatment every 2-3 tanks,rather than every tank.[I observed this while unloaded and not towing:confused:]...So i just don't use it as often.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
i use lucas and or Power Service. i see 2-3 mpg with the power service and lucas about 1-2 mpg.

·
7,336 Posts
Opti-lube???????????????

i use lucas and or Power Service. i see 2-3 mpg with the power service and lucas about 1-2 mpg.
I have used Power service in the past,I liked it too.Have only tried the Lucas once,so can't say on that one,you guys ever hear of Opti-lube??Supossed to be the best,newest lube out?I have never seen it though,my friend asked me if i had ever heard of it,anyone know about it at all??

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lucas is what I use

·
Registered
10 Posts
No need to get fancy on the fuel adds. I run two stroke oil (1/2 oz per gal) in my 2006 cummins and the 2008 LMM (dpf delete). It will lube the pump and injectors, help to keep the trash in the filter and for less than $2.00 I can treat a tank of fuel.

·
7,336 Posts
No need to get fancy on the fuel adds. I run two stroke oil (1/2 oz per gal) in my 2006 cummins and the 2008 LMM (dpf delete). It will lube the pump and injectors, help to keep the trash in the filter and for less than $2.00 I can treat a tank of fuel.
Good luck with that endeavor^^^

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have used Power service in the past,I liked it too.Have only tried the Lucas once,so can't say on that one,you guys ever hear of Opti-lube??Supossed to be the best,newest lube out?I have never seen it though,my friend asked me if i had ever heard of it,anyone know about it at all??
I actually use Opti-Lube but know of no difference because I've never compared before and after...I just purchased it for it's lube characteristics...I do know that I got 21.2 MPG combining it with my EFI but don't know how much of a difference it is responsible for...Sorry for the useless info but just thought I'd chime in.

·
7,336 Posts
not useless!!!I been waiting

I actually use Opti-Lube but know of no difference because I've never compared before and after...I just purchased it for it's lube characteristics...I do know that I got 21.2 MPG combining it with my EFI but don't know how much of a difference it is responsible for...Sorry for the useless info but just thought I'd chime in.
Good,I have been waiting to hear from someone using this and see what they have to say about it...:drink:cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
What brand of two stroke oil do you use?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I run BG 227d Diesel fuel lubricant with conditioner. If I am cocnsistant with treating I be right at 23mpg hwy and 20 in town. click here

·
Registered
46 Posts
i use diesel kleen from power service( silver bottle), and got 1.5 mpg better mileage.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts