Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the LBZ form so i thought I would repost it here in the LMM section.

A quick question from a Diesel Newbie here. I got rid of my 08 CCSB SLT Sierra Gasser last month and my new-to-me 2008 CCSB SLT DMax will be in before the end of the week. First thing I want to do is a FULL fluid change out to make sure I know it has been done and what fluids are in there moving forward. I am very familiar with forms as I am on DooTalk one of the largest sled forms and know how to use the search button and have been doing lots of looking around here for the last few weeks anticipating the arrival of the DMax. The truck has about 80Kms or 48K Miles on it and I just want to make sure I have everything covered, obviously the diffs, transfer case and oil are going to be done, but in terms of the tranny I see some people talking about multiple filters, is there an external and internal filter on the Allison? Do I change out the fuel filter just so I know how old it is and the mileage on it moving forwards. Any type of maintenance on the DPF? Obviously I will be getting my hands on a manual soon but just wanted to do some pre delivery research. What fluids do people prefer and have luck with? A buddy of mine is an Amsoil rep so I was thinking a full Amsoil set up. In terms of filters are the factory ones the best options? After 14 years of GM gassers I am looking forward to the DMax as I tow quite a few toys around and do some pretty long hauls during the sledding (snow) season. Once the basic maintenance is done it will be time to look for the performance mods and lifting options. I would still like to try and maintain my warranty on the power train as long as I can so I will have to step around that stuff with caution for a little while longer.

Thanks for your help and the great site.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the multiple post, just wanted to get this to the LMM section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts