Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Fundraiser Dyno Day IL

4K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  clevy 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am planning on hosting a Dyno Day around Yorkville IL sometime in the month of November. I know it is a little late, it may or may not be inside if this happens. This dyno day is for Yorkville High School Wrestling coach, his son has a rare heart condition (HLHS Hypoplastic left heart syndrome) and has had to endure 3 expensive surgeries. You can read all about it at this website - HOME You can also enter a raffle to win a 2011 Roush Supercharged Mustang GT signed by Jack Roush himself.

This dyno day would only be possible If I can get around 15 trucks to pre-register. It is looking like registration will be $100 for 3 pulls on the dyno. I am not looking for anybody to register now, I am simply looking for anybody who may be interested so I can get this rolling. I will also be advertising on the Ford, Cummins forums. This Dyno day will also be open to gas vehicles. The dyno will be loaded and you will receive a torque reading.

#3 ·
Eric depends on when it is and weather.....and baby situation.

I would be more than willing to come up.

#4 ·
Corey- I am looking at 2 possible weekends, the 19th and maybe the 12th depending on what I hear back from the guys with the dyno I will keep you guys up to date! And yes you can dyno a front, and rear wheel drive.... just not an all wheel drive!

John- I was actually going to message you on fb I know you just had your little project. I am going to contact diesel shops around here River City, dans diesel, hypermax, and maybe Nick to spread the word and see if we can get some high horsepower trucks to join for a little competition ;)

#5 ·
i might be able to get into this....we'll see. i can also ask my buddy if he wants to dyno his 03 cobra:gearjamin. also, is it an awd dyno?...i have another buddy with an SS trailblazer. btw...im maybe 20 minutes from yorkvillie.:drink

-brad

#6 ·
let us know ill make the trip an i have a buddy with a 06 pontiac gtp that would probly come

#7 ·
Brad- Nice, Im in that area all the time, if you ever are on 52 good chance you might see me! And I dont think its an AWD dyno but I can double check, one of the prospective dynos is Finish line performance depending on what they say and there other dyno may be an AWD. I can ask them

And Corey that sounds good, I will keep you up to date. Lets see what one of those gtp's can put on the rollers!!

#9 ·
I would say its not an AWD dyno....just not many of those around. Hard to justify the cost, unless you are DSM or subaru tuner.

#10 ·
Let me know more on this... If I'm not doing deployment stuff I'd be more than happy to help the cause!!

#11 ·
I will keep you guys up to date! Im still waiting to hear back from FLP if they agree to set up the dyno. I know if they dont agree to the fundraiser dyno (since it would be the first one they have ever done) I will pay for a dyno to come up from St. Louis but I will need atleast another 5 more trucks to pre-register if thats our option!

#12 ·
I will pre-register Eric if it comes down to it.....hell if the truck isnt done...We shall see what my I5 VW has in her lol

#14 ·
Sweet, Ill have to log on my name I never use over there. Its also on Powerstroke army, probably will end up on powerstroke nation. Im going to see if I can get some extra sponsership to help with the price. See if we can get a pretty big event going!!

#15 ·
count me in...even if i can't make it up i will pre-register

#18 ·
Sounds good! I appreciate the support :thumb All duramax guys that come on up may get a free round of drinks on the house :drink

if i was in wi id be there forsure
Danny I thought you moved back to WI? are you still in SD?

I'd come if you can do it on a sunday... Saturdays are no good for me.
Alright I will keep you updated. It may end up on a Sunday, who knows!! Would love to have you out here! But so far the Duramax Crowd is showing far more interest than the Powerstroke guys!

#17 ·
Dyno day

I'd come if you can do it on a sunday... Saturdays are no good for me.

#19 ·
I'm interested for sure. I think I can talk some other local guys into coming out too

#20 ·
Yea Schwinn see how many guys you can get to come on out and help for a great cause!!

I may try and organize a "high stakes dyno" maybe a 200-300$ buy in for 3 pulls see who can get the most hp and take home maybe a prize of $1,000 dollars. It looks like we may see a few High HP trucks out here so if you think you would like to sign up for that one let me know :)

and im working on the drink situation as we speak ;)

#21 ·
any luck with who is gonna do the dyno?

#22 ·
Still waiting to hear back from FLP, but if they dont do it. There is a guy in St. Louis who can bring a dyno up, he is the closest I can find with a portable who can load the rollers. Only problem is we need alot of participation and turnout since its pricy to haul that sucker up here

#24 ·
Yea I talked to him, I guess those Dyno jet 224x's are small and he doesnt have a load brake for it. All the guys with the bigger chargers would be SOL

#26 ·
ahh gotcha....

I always wanted to have my own dyno....maybe its something I should look into purchasing...

#34 ·
I want dinner and beer :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.