Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission has been acting up lately. It seams as tho the torque converter stays locked and it wont upshift until about 2500 rpms. Also it shifts kind of hard. Almost like it is in a limp/safety mode?

It doesnt throw a code or a check engine light. It also doesnt always do it. Sometimes it will only do it on the way to work... sometimes only on the way home.

I have read sometimes this is the ignition switch? Is there any other possibilities as to what causes this? I do have EFI Live and it did start after I got the tuning but a month or so after it. I dont think it has to do with it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
who do you have EFI Live from?

Please tell us more about your truck and maybe that will aid people in helping you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a local guy who I'm friends with. He's done quite a few truck so not just a hack with a new program button mashing, but no not a respectable online guy either.

Its a 2007 classic lbz with 170k miles. 4" SS turbo back strait piped duel outs, EFI Live/dsp5, EGR delete, PCV reroute, fuel rail shim, k&n cold air w/ Amsoil dry filter and gauges.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have been having a fuel temp sensor issue/code that has come on a couple times but if you delete the code it goes away. Maybe thats the culprit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts