Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I I thought I had a NSBU issue repalced (with one from allison) This fixed the issue for a couple weeks problem came back so i though switch went bad swapped out for another switch. Did NOT fix problem i have also found it will not go into tow/haul or turn off overdrive in drive I have to put trans into 3rd and when I restart the truck thats when it acts up sometimes I have a check engine light sometimes not hooked a snap on solus and it wouldnt even read my truck Im guessing it didnt have the software so I cant even tell what the CEL means its so randim now any thoughts? Oh I changed fuel filter 2 weeks ago

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
What exactly is the issue??

Just that the T/H and 5th gear lockout do not work?

It would be best if you could go to an auto parts store or somewhere and get the codes pulled.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the issue is that on occasion I still get range shift inhibited and some times it wont show the indicator line could it just be a code that needs cleared for the new NSBU to function right

·
Registered
194 Posts
So did y ever get it fixed or figure out what the problem was?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not fixed yet but i belive the issue is that solenoid C is bad I just dont know which one is solenoid c

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet thanks man. Mike I had my dad bring home a scan tool from work i dont rember the exact code number but when we looked it up it said tran solenoid C. So unless you got any other ideads its the only starting point i got man its driving me crazy its so spartic and always happens at the worst times IE parking lots so i look like an idiot trying to get the truck to move

1 - 10 of 10 Posts