Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my truck today and i have a straightpipe on it so i get a loud obnoxious hissing sound usually but today it sounds like a loud whistle and i am putting in 34 pounds of boost where usually i put in about 28. any thoughts?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
did you change your programmer setting? Could be normal, but I'm not real sure with the LLYs.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no same setting and it only does it everyonce in a while

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone checked how accurate the boost guage on these edge boxes really are I have the juice w/att and mine has showed 34# a couple of times I dont think it is really that much, but I could be wrong how much can a stock motor handle before issues? seems like 34# is a too much to me and that was on level 4 scared to run 5 or 6 till I spend some jack on a suncoast convertor and tranny upgrade

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I would agree with acarrpenter....I have heard from Numerous people that have Edges that they are inaccurate and cause problems. They say it's nice having all that digital info...but the tunes are awful and the guages are not reliable. Just what I've heard.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with my edge setup. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if they are not accurate!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not had any problems with the unit I was just wondering if this boost readout is close and if anyone was running a mechanical guage with the edge.

I heard banks finally got their stuff for the lmm straightened out hopefully edge gets you fixed up it has to be frustrating they both were doing the same thing from what i understand

·
Registered
855 Posts
I thought that the edge module worked by fooling the factory computer into thinking the boost is lower than it really is. Thus the factory computer will purposely overboost to compensate for the lowered boost data given by the module. So I heard not to fully trust the reading coming from the attitude module. I am going back to mechanical gauges soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts