Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I was coming home today with the windows down and every time I hit a bump there is a rattling coming from the front driver side wheel. Kinda sounds like taking a wooden rod and banging it around in a steel pipe. I jacked the front up and took the wheel off to inspect everything....Nothing broken, loose or out of the ordinary. :confused: Figured you guys would know more than the stealership. Thanks in advanced for the help

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for the morning crew

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
107 Posts
Probally steering shaft mine does it too if you grease it will quit for about 2500 miles but come back Napa has a better replacement shaft for it I'm gonna do mine soon

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been under the truck. Put wrenches on everything to double check. Couldnt find anything loose.

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna take out the wheel well and check it out. Thanks for the help guys

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok back to this again. Intermediate steering shaft has been replaced. Its still making the same friggin noise. What gives. Checked the hubs and the wheels are solid with no play in them

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is everything tight on your front end best way to find out is get it up on a car lift and play around for a while
It was at the dealer for the steering shaft. I had them check everything. I checked everything previously. Both the dealership and I found nothing :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts