Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Future of diesel trucks?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  2013 
#1 ·
What’s the future of diesel trucks? I love the new Duramax (2019 is best looking imo) but I DONT want EGR, adblue and all that shit! Here in Norway it’s not so strict yet but we follow USA and the rest of the world. The only reason diesel trucks can roam some what free is there has not been so much attention drawn from the community. All I want is a powerful truck with a badass soundtrack, some good power in it and clean exhaust gas out. Is a clean burning diesel trucks so much worse that the rest ? What can we do other than not rolling coal to better the situation? Is there some other way to make the big diesel trucks more environmentally friendly?

Alek

#2 ·
I predict the average person in the US will change over to an electric car within the next 10 years. Same thing will eventually happen with light duty trucks, except it might take a little longer to develop the long distance towing capabilities. But until then, expect the air pollution control equipment on our diesel trucks to increase as the government (EPA) continues to lower the emissions allowed by law.

#3 ·
I don't know how Norway's registration and emissions testing requirements currently or in the future, but have you considered an older pre-DEF/DPF truck so all you have to is deal with the EGR? Just a thought, not sure what the availability of older trucks would be in Norway. BTW, I had a 1932 Studebaker Regal sedan that I shipped to Norway a few years ago. Guy was VERY happy to get it!

Reactions: UTEngineer
#4 ·
Yes, i have an LB7 without any emission studf on it so im Happy with that :) but i really like the newer trucks too so I’ll have to see what the future brings in that regard. I just hope they find a solution so we can keep our diesel trucks.. there are so much other stuff that’s much worse for the environment that they can focus on and not a "small" diesel truck community.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.