Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this elsewhere, thought I would post it here and see what people say.

Im sure there are alot of vendors and tuners that wont like to hear this one either

this is in the june 07 issue of petersens 4wor

just an excerpt about the 07 diesels and tuning. Banks states that the 07 diesels have a new suite of emissions solutions that complicate the aftermarket enhancement of these powertrains. No longer will the "Smoke Boys" be able to sell their "gross polluting" products. Its going to take some smarts to design products that do not violate these emissions systems yet improve performance. Of course the "smoke boys" will try, and may even cheat. But i predict only those with the technical and engineering knowledge will survive. Old school hacking and and overfueling was stupid in the past and idiotic in the future. As for Banks , this is a market we will produce products for....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bottom line for me is I had considered his products in the past - hard parts only - but I will not give the man a penny now. To blatantly call all of your competitors in the industry "stupid" and "idiotic" draws the line for me. Let's see Mr Girl's name build a 1500+ pulling truck that doesn't billow all the way down the track.....ain't happening.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i'm with you on that one

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have never liked banks because they doall the tests to show how good theres is not how bad and i have heard horror stories for banks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read some too. They are few and far between but it happens.

·
Registered
262 Posts
they do do alot of testing to make sure that their product is good but when they go bad they fo really bad

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Banks technology is tested. Three ways you get more power; more displacement, more air or more fuel. Since the displacement stays the same the power has to come from more fuel and air and tranny shift changes. Most Boxes do that, but at what cost to your rig? I think Banks does it right. If Banks calls the others "loosers" , Banks ain't being sued for their statements.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i think the banks problems i have heard of are more of truck problems but the only common were that they had the six gun and speedloader which i thought was weird

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is up to the driver to control the higher powered stuff that GALE likes to knock on. That stuff isn't necessarily meant for daily driver trucks like mine. Banks gears his stuff to people who use their truck every day and don't want to really put it at risk. There is a product for everyone and what they want. Just because GALE disagrees with it doesn't mean he needs to bash them, call them stupid, or idiotic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts