Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing garrett 4094 on an lb7. have a s&b air intake on the stock imc charger. any ideas on converting this to the garrett?

·
Vendor
3,529 Posts
What size and type of inlet on the 4094?

·
Registered
235 Posts
installing garrett 4094 on an lb7. have a s&b air intake on the stock imc charger. any ideas on converting this to the garrett?
Let me know if you still need help with this. I have done this same conversion on my LB7 and can send you some pics and give you some pointers.
Sonny

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sonny, that would be great. i took some flex tube to the turbo and made it work for now but not a very neat install. space is so close it was not easy to even get the flex tube on there. i would be very thankful for any ideas.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know it's a tight fit. Here's a few pics of how I did it.

P5080024.jpg

P5080025.jpg

P5080026.jpg

You have to take the plastic casing off the main wiring harness and tape it up with some good electrical tape, then you can move it out of the way enough to get the plumbing in to the turbo. I also had to cut the foam off the PCV hose where it goes over the turbo inlet. I went down to a local industrial supply store and got 3 45* angled elbows and 1 90* elbow. Then I got a lenth of 4" exhaust pipe from a local exhaust shop to use for the junctions. I had to cut and trim the rubber elbows to get the angles I needed coming out of the turbo and down to the air box. I also used the stock air box with a K&N filter which flows plenty of air. You don't need a fancy, high-dollar air box kit to make this work. I did enlarge the hole in the inner fender where it mates up to the big hole in the side of the air box. Oh and a little WD-40 goes a long way when you go to slip the rubber elbows over the pipe, turbo, and air box flanges. Let me know if you need any more info or pics of the setup. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts