Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my plans for my truck is tranny,front end, and turbo. I'm wanting to go with Garrett cause they seem to be reliable. Wat kind of turbo should i be lookin for? something affordable and powerful. Help me out

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Freddy's turbo's are half the price of anything out there for the LB7. Otherwise a BD Supermax, and HTT's are ones to look into.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
i maybe wrong but isnt it alot to rebuild a garrett if it was to fail
just in case it would fail it would be good to know

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
i maybe wrong but isnt it alot to rebuild a garrett if it was to fail
just in case it would fail it would be good to know
Yes it costly to repair the Garrett's.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
i think what brian is getting at is this is something so far down the road that buy the time your due for a turbo upgrade you'll have learned a little more about them

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think what brian is getting at is this is something so far down the road that buy the time your due for a turbo upgrade you'll have learned a little more about them
Ah I see...i need a tranny, thats my main concern, i cant even put the power that i have now to the ground. how much do single turbos usually run anyway?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you have much to learn.......
ah dont worry about it, i was daydreamin. i like to have my truck waxing a bunch of fast cars' ass, but dam its expensive

1 - 20 of 32 Posts