Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old man just called, he is on his way to Florida and he tells me that he has just put gasoline in his powerstroke. i told him to change both filters and drain the tank, my question is... will that be enough or will he have to do anything with the injectors and lines from the filters? he said he only drove about 200 feet and the truck started to act funny, that's when he realized what he had done.

·
Registered
592 Posts
gonna have to have the fuel system flushed and shouldnt have driven it enough to mess up the injectors. Had a guy at work do that with one of our LB7 work trucks, 9 gallons of unleaded, and some genius told him to top it off with diesel and it'd be fine:eek: Hasnt ran right since...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
good deff flush the system. it sucks but there is no way around it

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kinda what i was expecting to hear, this isn't the first time he has done something like this, filled the motor home with gas once too. gets distracted and doesn't pay attention to what he is doing, kinda makes ya wonder how he has run a successful construction business for 37 years.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Anybody got a match???????:D

·
7,336 Posts
, and some genius told him to top it off with diesel and it'd be fine:eek
I hope you didn't think that would work??

·
7,336 Posts
lol..................I hear ya man,if he ran it too long it won't be good for the engine..

·
Registered
592 Posts
I hope you didn't think that would work??
no no, it was actually the guy ABOVE me that's in charge of vehicles. Yelled at the kid who did it and for not calling me first and then at the guy who told him to top it off after asking him if he knew the difference between diesel and gas motors.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guess he only drove it 1200 feet and it chucked twice real quick so he shut it down. he told me the other day that the truck actually runs better now. my stepmother even noticed it accelerating better. must have been gummed up, what a way to clean it all up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If he drained the tank, he could probably get away with not actually flushing out the lines, as what is in them would be a mix of gas and diesel....is it the best thing? NO, but it'll work in a pinch without causing permanent damage....

·
Registered
19 Posts
His injectors are prol done for have to get them replace or redone.

·
Registered
172 Posts
one of my buddies let his dad use his 06 duramax to go to a auction in MN and on the way back his dad filled it with gas in mn and drove it all the way back to wausau wi witch is like a 3hr drive was missing like crazy but nothing even happened to the truck still runs like new..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
injectors seem ok, nothing seems to be a miss with the truck. he ha put a bunch of miles on it since the incident

1 - 14 of 14 Posts