Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did head gaskets this year, and I am just wrapping it all up. When I unhooked the fuel lines a few months ago I swear there was a rubber gasket that flew out of one of these, out of the side that is missing the quick disconnect(that I had to purchase in the other picture). Does anyone know if there is supposed to be some kind of gasket, like a rubber gasket/oring or something that goes below the quick disconnect or am I dreaming?

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think I remember there being an o-ring in those type of connectors when I did my lift pump, but I could be wrong. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will lay down some facts for us.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
There's an O-ring deep that seals. You can see the one on the return line (yellow) in your pic, and here on this supply line pic.

That line is a source of restriction/collapse/kink in the sweeping bend below. And those seals (you're missing) can be a source of sucking air. Slice back the crimp on the other end, slip on a section of bio-fuel compatible 1/2" fuel line, and clamps.

Low pressure supply line, doesn't take much to seal clamp.

Reactions: SilverGorillaLML

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's an O-ring deep that seals. You can see the one on the return line (yellow) in your pic, and here on this supply line pic.

That line is a source of restriction/collapse/kink in the sweeping bend below. And those seals (you're missing) can be a source of sucking air. Slice back the crimp on the other end, slip on a section of bio-fuel compatible 1/2" fuel line, and clamps.

Low pressure supply line, doesn't take much to seal clamp.

can I just put an oring in it or does it require a thicker squared-edged ring? would an oring or something be easier that cutting things up?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
I'm not sure that seal is serviceable.
I would think replacing it with bulk fuel line would be easier, AND you're doing away with a potential Fuel Limp cause with that line collapsing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help Hook'em. I am not sure I completely understand, do I cut where I put the arrow?

Also, I cannot find a part number or name for the hose to just buy a new one in case I can't figure out how to properly hook on a hose. Anyone have that information of what part I look for?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Slice the collar holding the braided hose, and peel it back, exposing the end of the metal tube (arrow) to slide a hose over and clamp, or if there's enough room (remove the hold down), cut the pipe below the crimp edge.

It's part of the hard line tubing down on the frame rails from the tank, so no replacement.
With a recall involving that propensity to kink, GM's solution was to cut/peel back the crimp connection at the hard line and replace with bulk fuel line and clamps.

That^ point might be more accessible by removing the fender liner, take a look see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts