Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the gauge cluster out of an 2003 or 04 gm lb7 fit in my 2002? It doesn't look like dorman makes a reman for the 01 and 02 diesels. And I don't really want to mess around sending mine somewhere to be rebuilt. I can't really find a direct answer if the 03 or 04 will work. I know the tach is different looking but is anything else?

Thanks. If anyone has a cluster for sale Id be interested.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It will not work. The earlier model clusters used different parameters than the 03-04 models. I am not positive, but I think the pin connectors in the back of the cluster are also a different style.

What exactly is wrong with the cluster? Sending it out for a build seems to be the most sensible option.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Will not work. Oil PSI goes higher on 03-07c. 03-07c has DIC that displays hours and all that. Plug in are different, etc. Your best bet is to buy a new cluster for an 01-02 Duramax from digital dash solutions on eBay. He will set you up with a custom cluster, escalade style, denali style, SS style, different color needles, and whatever color LEDs in the gauges you want. He also sets the mileage to whatever you tell him. Fair price ($300 ish) and he takes your cluster on core.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you're decent with a soldering iron, just try fixing it. I haven't done one personally, but my dad fixed the one on his dmax, my mom's suburban, and several others for people and it hasn't cost anything. He has told me that once you get inside the cluster that its typically really easy to locate a soldering location that broke loose and get it fixed in just a few minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.