Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help I want to have a boost get and fuel pressure but I don't know what fuel pressure gauge I need or if I really even need it and I can't find a good two gauge pod if I don't need one I want glow shift gauges or auto meter but I want to be able to change the color of the gauges. I order glow shifts but sent them back cuz it was the wrong kit so if somebody could help me find a kit because I'm seem to be dumb when it comes to finding this stuff so please :help

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
are u looking for a fuel rail pressure gauge or fuel pressure? also STAY AWAY FROM GLOWSHIFT, there gauges are complete garbage. trust me i already made that mistake, now i have autometer cobalts and they are 100x better.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
get autometers so you dont have to buy gauges twice...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
do you plan on having a lift pump? if not you wont need a fuel pressure. i would recommend a egt gauge. but u will spend more money buying glowshift gauges over and over again. i went thru 2 egt gauges and 3 egt probes, and i bought a fuel pressure gauge from them and it failed a week later and just got stuck at 30 psi. spend the extra cash and get a good set of gauges, ull be glad you did

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
you can always get a edge cts monitor. it will read anything you ever need.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have been looking for autometers, just a question to add are there any dimable or low light output ? I don't like anything too bright on those dark nights.

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
I have been looking for autometers, just a question to add are there any dimable or low light output ? I don't like anything too bright on those dark nights.
Autometer Cobalts are really bright, even when wired into the dimmer switch they are still really bright IMO. If you not wanting bright gauges, don't buy a set of Cobalts. I really like the Insight monitors in a LB7 and LLY for the serial switching capabilities for EfiLive. But everyone likes different things :)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
x2^^ my colbalts are kinda bright, not to bad to me i guess because it dont bother me. but i would have went with the insight monitor if i didnt already have the 3 gauge pillar pod.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the JWA and max boost I have seen on it is 24 I have read with the boost valve I should be seeing upwards of 26-28. I would love to keep the cts screen I have, but once I get EFI live I'm ditching the JWA. I hear the mechanical are more accurate.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have the JWA and max boost I have seen on it is 24 I have read with the boost valve I should be seeing upwards of 26-28. I would love to keep the cts screen I have, but once I get EFI live I'm ditching the JWA. I hear the mechanical are more accurate.
i see 28psi with my gauge. i personally like the look of the cobalts but if you dont like bright lights then they probably aint for you. i think when it comes to boost a mechanical gauge will be more accurate than reading off the obd plug

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
Boost pressure on an Insight monitor is not going to read correct on a Duramax like a mechanical gauge will, Unless you want to spend the money for the expandable pressure sender to read boost accurately. The benefits and cost of the Insight for not only switch on the fly capabilities on an LB7 and LLY outweigh the bad in my opinion. In the end its up to the person buying the parts and what suits your needs

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i paid right at $500 for all three of mine, i have 0-60 boost, 0-30 fuel pressure for my lift pump, and 0-2000 egt. insight monitor is cheaper but like i said i already had the pillar for the gauges.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the autometer phantom II's. they aren't as bright as the cobalts which is nice but still are a bit too bright.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
i wired in my cobalts to my dimmer and they dimm down alot, they stay as bright as my dash lights, but then again i have an LED dash swap lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts