Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't want to start a thread about it but wheres the best place to hook up my gauges? i got auto meter egt and boost gauges. i'm stuck on which way to install as the gauges didn't really come with anything specific to my truck. Truck is a 2008 lmm. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
that's just talking about the type of wiring harness that comes with your autometers. Don't think too much into it man

it was posted more for you to know where to drill your holes in the engine, not so much the wiring, you just use your harness that plugs into the back of your gauges, and then run the wires elsewhere. I used a spot in my fuse box for my constant as seen in that article, then wired my illumination into my gauge cluster dimmer wire so i could control the brightness.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys, i just went for it and got it all working. Only complaint is it seems like the gauges are kinda dim compared to the rest of the dash. I assume that's normal, but i hoping some led bulbs will make it a little brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts