Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for, so I'll ask here. I found a couple of isspro gauges in my garage today one egt and one boost that I'm thinking will work nicely on my truck. So here is the questions:

1. How do I hook up a boost gauge?
2. The egt goes to 1300, is that high enough for a dmax?
3. It came with a clamp on thermocouple, is this ok or would a screw in one be preferrable?

thanks!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I did a search and didn't really find what I was looking for, so I'll ask here. I found a couple of isspro gauges in my garage today one egt and one boost that I'm thinking will work nicely on my truck. So here is the questions:

1. How do I hook up a boost gauge?
2. The egt goes to 1300, is that high enough for a dmax?
3. It came with a clamp on thermocouple, is this ok or would a screw in one be preferrable?

thanks!
1. You have to use the supplied fitting and tap it into the intake some where. I tapped mine in after the intercooler on a cast pipe next to the Alternator (That maybe different depending on the year of your truck). The thin metal tube going into the turbo on top of the motor is extreamly tempting but I think the fitting would fall out due to lack of threading.

2. The EGT is plenty high for the stock motor or stock heads. At 1350 the aluminum heads start to melt.

3. Your definalty going to get a more accurate reading if you tap the EGT gauge directly into the manifold. The easiest place is on the passenger side manifiold on the back of the motor (closest to the cab)

There are different theories in trying to tap both gauges. Wher I did mine I opted to remove the Manifold and the Intake tube so there was no chance of a shaving hitting the turbo. Alot of people say to drill and tap the EGT gauge with the engine running to blow out most of the shavings.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts