Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I need a pyro, and my truck monitors trans temp on the dash, wanna watch my differential temp, and boost. The question I got is what I am watching for? I got the PPE Economy and XDP said not to put in the second level without a Pyro. I just got it on the 40HP setting, but have heard the economy acutally comes on the higher settings. I know the pyro is 1300 degrees, but the dif temp, and boost gauges I know zero about. I know I should have them though, and they look pretty cool too. What are proper, or should I what I am watching for on the boost and dif temp gauges???Also I always heard 180 degrees on the tranny temp, but I heard the allision is capable of getting hotter. Always heard the belts start melting at 180 degrees. I also have to be honest I haven't noticed much if any gain from the PPE in level 1. I have a new K&N Air Filter on the way. Hoping to put some gauges in and crank it up a notch for more economy. Thanks

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
i think u can run a 60-70 hp tune and still be fine . just dont tow with it or leave it floored to long till u get a egt gauge ,

get rid of the cat and muffler and u will really be ok on egt's

i run a 100hp tune no cat no muffler and i barley hit 1300 when i floor it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts