Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a couple questions on Gauges.

What do you absolutely need? I think EGT is probably the most important. What about boost, why do you need it?

Do I need 2 or 3 gauges? EGT, Boost, what about the 3rd? What is important to monitor, or is a 3rd gauge needed?

I’m thinking about getting the Auto Meter Sport Comp II, not the most expensive I know, but who says they have to be, they just need to be accurate.
Your Opinions are appreciated! :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Boost and EGT is all you really need the stock trans temp guage is accurate. if your going to be building and pushing big numbers you might want others but boost and egts are a good start.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Get a coolant temp for your 3rd gauge the stock is off and these trucks are known for overheating.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coolant temp is a good idea, Thanks Kip.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Get a 0-60psi boost gauge and 0-20k egt gauge and you'll be set for life bud. Those will last you once you get tuned/bigger turbo ect.

Coolant gauge is completely unnecessary, the stock gauge is accurate enough as long as you factor in the 20*ish degrees it reads high. The trucks aren't "known" for overheating unless you're pulling a heavy load up a long steep grade at a slow pace. Then you may run in to issues, but don't let anyone scare you lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts