Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got into my truck this morning after letting it warm up.... they gauges were not on so i turned the truck off and back on and they came on for about 10 seconds and shut off.... when i turn the accessory power on they come on and stay on but as soon as i start my truck they flash and turn back off.... I GOT NOTHING?!?!?:help

· Registered
1,310 Posts
What kind of gauges? Where did you get your power from? There is a red and black wire on the back of the pyro and those should be run to KEY ON power (not the dimmer). If you run them to the dimmer your lights come on and go off and that cuts your gauges off.

· Registered
156 Posts
Gauge cluster or aftermarket gauges?

· Registered
156 Posts
my truck does the same thing, i think it may be the stepper motors inside the cluster... im sure someone else has an opinion though..

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would that be for all the gauges though? and it wouldnt work with the truck on accessory?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the strangest thing happened.... they turned on and stayed on... that boggles my mind on how it can do one thing and then just work.... could it maybe be condensation due to the warmth from the engine and then the cold temps in the teens (wind chill)???

· Registered
32 Posts
I just went through this exact problem. I took my truck to the dealer they replaced the cluster it took two days for them to do and it fixed the issues, it costs about 250 to have done. The stepper motors were the problem the only trouble is finding them or finding someone to install them for you if your not mechanically inclined.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.