Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm gonna go with the ppe programmer and I was wondering what gauges(brandwise) you guys with the ppe programmer are running. I wanted somethink digital but I'm thinking about just going with a triple gauge pod for the pillar.

Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Autometer's are popular, but myself and some others on the staff prefer Isspro's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything else I would need besides the pyro and boost?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Some guys run a fuel pressure gauge to make sure that their lift pumps are operating correctly.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Unless I missed something, the Dmax has no lift pump. Am I wrong? On the Dodges the FP gauge is pretty important.

The Quadzilla Commander is a great option for the digital gauges.

AS for the analogs, I like Autometer. Isspro is nice, but I like the Autometer's better.

I would say boost pyro, and then pick one. I'd say oil temp would be a good one for a dmax.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
correct dieselnut,the duramax stock doesn't have a lift pump but most guys add one soon after some upgrades..i'm runnin the ppe and i have a boost and pyro autometer gauges,but i plan on adding a fuel psi with also a differential temp gauge,but if you only have the boost'n'egt gauges that will work just fine...the best thing i like about my ppe i gained almost 4mpg and when diesel is as high as it is every but counts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was thinkin of goin with the edge juice but I figured the ppe would give me the most power without goin to EFI live. I plan on just running the lower 3 levels for now, so maybe the tranny will last a little longer.

Also, which digital gauges are standalone units that dont have to be run with modules or progammers?

Thanks, Zane

·
Registered
484 Posts
The only digital standalone gauges I know of is the BD X-monitor or SPA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ppe needs to make a digital guage set that allows you to switch levels on the fly for their programmer.

I looked at the quadzilla but dont really like the way it would look in the truck.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Ppe needs to make a digital guage set that allows you to switch levels on the fly for their programmer.
i agree..it sucks a little when your at lights and a guy pulls up you really want to smoke and you have to make due with the setting you have..

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have the isspros and love the way they work. my friend has the autometer in hispsd and it is not very bright

·
Registered
121 Posts
whoa... got a couple questions here

1. can you adjust on the fly with Predator??
2. i know what boost mean, but what does pyro?
3. also, does anybody have EGT gauges?

thanks

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Pyro is a pyrometer which is for EGT's. Predator is a tuner and it can't be changed on the go. A lot of people are running pyro's and booost gauges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts