Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered my gauges and i clicked on 2002 instead of 2003 will the a- pillar be different the wiring or anything be different please HELP ME!!!
Tom

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Nope, it should work just fine. I don't think many of the parts changed between years. The only thing that may make a difference is if you have the bose system on your truck. Even then, it is only cutting a hole in the pillar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i didnt think so but wanted to ask and i made sure that i didnt get the mount with the speaker hole cuz i dont have bose. thanks again

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cancelled my order for my gagues with dieselmanor.com cuz they were gonna screw me on shipping and so i ordered autometer phantom II pyro,boost and trans from a friend and they will here monday, also what is the best programmer to use on a stock trans? i was thinking PPE or the edge EZ any thoughts on what would be the best?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
PPE or Predator...the PPE can be upgraded for more power if you ever build your tranny though....the Predator can be had for about $300 to your door.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
PPE all the way for myself and i have heard good results from the diablo predator..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was gonna get the PPE Economy and what would be the best level to keep it on and i also would like to see a health black cloud of smoke w/ out killing my trans

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't know if it will smoke that much, but I heard level 2 was probably the best for power and fuel economy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bullydog will probably dump the most smoke with only nomanal power gains, nothin that will kill your trans. Or the banks six gun, that thing smokes like a bitch!

·
Registered
87 Posts
get EFI LIVE, you can adjust your tune to match your tranmission

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
if you want some serious smoke but it will smoke the stock tranny after so many take offs..the only modds at the time was the PPE HOT ET 2 but i have done a tranny since then due to the fact the stock was about to go kaboom Video - tyre boyz 05 LLY dually with PPE Hot 2+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts