Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and didn't come up with any fix action. Does anyone know how to fix or a cheap way to fix? Thanks,

Mav

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Are you sure that your NSBU switch is good? If it is, (your truck is shifting ok) then you will just have to search e-bay, then take it to your dealer for programming. There isn't any cheap way that I know of to do this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck shifts perfect, the other information display works perfect and all other gauges work perfect. Are you saying the whole dash display needs replaced?

Mav

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
unfortunately it probably does, unless you can live with it that way. There might be place that can repair that, but I don't know how much that would be compared to a new one. How are your batteries? I know they have been know to cause stupid stuff with the cluster when they start going bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing is happening to my 2001/2500 HD, gear selector and odometer work some days some not. Some times I'll fire up and its off then down the road it will work again. Shifts good and just changed both batteries. I had heard a rumor that its just a loose wire and is a common problem in the earlier Duramax's. Also heard that it can be fixed with a quick solder. Anyone hear of this issue?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts