Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 04.5 LB7 with K&N Intake, PPE Standard on lvl 2, (Stock Tranny), PPE Boost Valve. Im geting about 20-22 mpg highway doing the speed limit, and im wonderin if there was anything more i could get to increase my MPGs. AlSO, pulling i wish i could get more. I know this is proly the best im going to get, but i just thought i'd ask. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. :drink

Registered
Your doing pretty good now lol. I think there might be a few people getting 24 but it might just be good luck.

- Adam

Registered
And welcome to the forum!

- Adam

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks! I love this site, (And my DIRTY) :thumbsup What about any mods to the tranny?

Registered
Honestly I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I got my tranny built and am getting 20 mpg now but I also switched to efi live with some other mods too so it might just be the tuning..

- Adam

Registered
About the only thing really left is to block EGR, staight turbo back exhaust, EFI Live, and good hiway tires that are not too big and properly inflated.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah i forgot to mention. I got a MBRP Straight pipe, but im not sure if the EGR is blocked. How do i check that? Running 285' tires.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Yeah ill check on that and get it dun. I've been looking at EFI Live, hope to get it in the near future. All around im pretty new to this stuff. Thanks for all the input!

Premium Member
Are you calculating MPG? My DIC is about 2-3 MPG optomistic. Your best tool for improved economy is to drive like you are barefoot and there's a razor sharp spike sticking out of the middle of the skinny pedal. Beware of oil on the MAF sensor from the K&N filter. I tossed mine and went back to stock. No more periodic dirty MAF issues and it actually runs better.

Registered

Registered
Thats some good mileage. I am currently getting about 17-18mpg on a stock truck. Looking to do some mods for better mileage, after upgrading some other main items needed before performance (suspension, brake lines, fuel system).

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunse
I got a 04.5 LB7 with .....

O RLY ?

Yes Sir... True Statement..

Registered
Thats really good mpg!!! I wouldn't touch a thing......... I would be happier than a pig in S*#t if I were getting that!!!

Registered
he was saying that an 04 is an LB7 and 04.5 is LLY.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i kinda screwd myself tho with adding the 33's OC's. Im down to about 20 mpg now. But owell, need good tires.. Hey cant you have a 04.5 LB7????

Registered
The 04.5 is when the LLY came out so no you can't have a 04.5 LB7. I have an 04 and I get 20-21.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts