Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my injectors replaced this weekend. I'm looking forward to no smoking! I'm also getting a switch and efi live. Just wanted to tell some people who care and understand because my wife does not. :drink

I have 6 bad injectors. Lol It runs great but smoke like a train at idle. Actually more than a train.... No fuel in oil though. Replacing with GM injectors. Lift pump and filters are next.

Looking forward to more power and better mileage hopefully but even if its the same and stops smoking ill be happy. Hope to have it back Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Too bad you didn't do the deed yourself, could have saved enough to pay for the EFI and extra filtration.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You maybe right about the savings but the time is more valuable to me. I don't have 12 free hours in a month much less a week with four kids in sports and none of them legal to drive lol! It's going to cost around $3400 for all of it using GM injectors. I felt the price was fair. I wasn't going to do the efi live and switch but I just couldn't see paying that kind of money and not seeing some kind performance upgrade. :) Planning to get it back on Monday. I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

One of the injectors.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the truck back last night. It runs awesome, too awesome. Limped 5th gear on the tranny on the highway going home. 170,000 miles on tranny. Looks like that is next on the list.

Very happy with the tunes by LMJ performance in Waco. If you are near the area, these guys seem to do good work for a very fair price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't have any experience with them but I've heard good things about the shop in Waco from people here in College Station. I'm saving to throw in my third set of sticks too at 190k and trying not to cut corners this time. At 140k I used remans and didn't replace the fuel lines and I'm convinced being cheap just bit me in the ass in the long run

1 - 6 of 6 Posts