Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some posts about this code but none seemed to finish.

On the way home from work, my truck went to running rough and lacked power. When I stopped in the driveway, the rough idle was very noticeable along with the smoke.
I began checking things out and finally got the P0046 code. I went and got the solenoid, put it in. It did not change the way it ran and still had the code.
What do y'all think is the next step?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Getting frustrated here.

I've got a 2005 6.6.

I have been getting codes: P0307 for cylinder #7 misfire, P0046 for boost control solenoid, P0234 for over boost condition and P2563 for turbo boost control sensor.

I have replaced the solenoid and the vane position sensor on the turbo.

I have ice picked #7.

I'm needing to replace all of my injectors but under the current circumstances, I opted to just replace #7 since it was dead. My intention is to get past this economic situation and go with S&S on all .

Any ideas?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have now replaced #7 injector and installed an upgrade kit for the wiring harness on #2 & #7.

With the truck idling in park and watching the FRP, it will bog a little with a little throttle. Give it a little more throttle and hold it, it will smooth out and keep increasing RPM. When it does that, it quits smoking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was towing more weight than I should have been towing from Vegas to Reno at 70mph on some decent uphill grades, my canned tuner was set at a higher than it should have been level because I forgot to kick it down and my truck decided to bring me to limp mode with a P0045, P0700, P2563 code in the middle of no where, at night. None of my temperatures were higher than normal, I immediately pulled off the side of the road, all my fluids were good, nothing leaking, I manually reset the codes, turned my tuner down, started it back up to take one more walk around looking for anything odd or off. Never seen those codes pop up before, never seen them again after that. I only point that out because they could be telling you everything, but they might not be telling you anything.

Not sure what you mean by watching your Fuel Pressure Regulator, mines buried in there pretty good and hard to see, even if I could see it easily I don't know what I'd be watching it do. At about 200,000 miles I'd just plan on replacing the CP3 Injector pump with a new FPR already installed on it, 300,000 miles and you better just replace it even if it isn't showing signs of trouble. That's about the limit I can help you with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts