Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help on this. Since I went to a wider wheel my ride is getting a little too rough to bear. I love taking my truck out a dirt road but its getting to the point where it hurts to hit washboard. I want to remove the rear blocks and get an extra leaf spring or something. So that is where the question comes in... what do I replace it with? Do I find an add-a-leaf kit or something? Currently on a 6 inch procomp lift with 37s.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have been thinking about switching my rear suspension for a rear kelderman air lift kit, so better ride and auto-leveling feature.

Very expensive option.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Try some sulastics and see if that helps you out enough.

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha, anything that says Kelderman is out of my range. Plus I never really tow anything, so top of the line airbags wouldn't be necessary. As for the sulastics, I'll check those out. Is my original idea of more leaf spring something I could actually find and install?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well while getting rid of the blocks shoumd tame the ride some as its preventing movement, thus vibrations.
Adding additional leafs to your existing pack would make it more ridged and send the ride quality in the opposite direction.
You could replace the entire leaf pack with one that contains more thinner leafs, which would soften it up, and give you more articulation. But that would cost you more.
I would start with sulastics and maybe a new set of shocks(like bilstein5100) if that doesnt help enough. You can always get an aftermarket leaf pack like i described and use your new sulastics & shocks with it (assuming your not changing height between leafs sets and over extending or collapsing shocks).

As for the kelderman idea. ya that full 4link bag kits is in the neigborhood of 4g. But they also has a system which retains your factory leafs and i believe replaces your shackles with airbags. It change your load carrying capacities, but would smooth out the ride immensely. It runs right around $1500. Check out their website www.kelderman.com
(I am not affiliated with them in any way)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I decided to go the route of the sulastics, would that just give it a little more dampering thus making it smoother?

·
Registered
349 Posts
shackles and shocks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hold on..the blocks do nothing more then raise the rear..it has no affect on the spring/spring rates..Maybe a softer shock would be better..if you pull the rears you'll be back to stock and siting lower hen the front....also how much tire air are you running?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.