Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Ive been doing some research and reading and what im wanting to know is what exactly am i going to need to get started. Money it tight right now and I want to spend as little as possible, but still getting everything that i need to.

What is the difference between Flash Scan V1 and V2??

What are the benefits of V2?

Also what is the AutoCal?

Thanks alot,
Steve

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
why purchase efi if your already tuned?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is I didnt tune it my self, a buddy that has HP tuners just loaded one of his tunes that he made on my and slapped it on my truck. So anytime i want to change it i have to drive to his house 30min away for him to make any changes. And i know with all the guys that have EFI on this site i can learn alot and get support from them. But he did extract my stock tune so im safe there...

·
Registered
162 Posts
what is the diffrence from hp tuners and efi live?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
What is the difference between Flash Scan V1 and V2??

What are the benefits of V2?
Basically the same for your purposes. V2 can tune 06 and later vehicles. The are some advanced feature benefits, but most people have no use for them until very competent with it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive just been looking on here, but i just started looking there.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet thanks, Jesse at was saying that if i get the V2 me and a buddy could go in together on the cost and we would both be able to tune our trucks with it.

Does this sound right?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
as long as you have/get 2 VIN licenses for the V2 that should work.

you would have to get/pay for individual tunes of course.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as long as you have/get 2 VIN licenses for the V2 that should work.

you would have to get/pay for individual tunes of course.
Ok just wanted to check, Ill be sure to and make sure im squared away with that before i make the final purchase.

So let me get this figured out, the v2 comes with 2 free tunes. Say ones a tow tune and the other is a stock tranny safe street tune that i have some one make for me...

Further down the road, having a better understanding and more expirence, am i able to make changes to these tunes or do i have to buy a whole new license to make changes and run the tune?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
I don't know much.... so take this lightly.

I think that all depends on where you buy it from. (the tunes)

and ya, you can mess with whatever you want.... lots of consequences if you mess up though!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so once you make the chages there final? no way to undo the changes that you made?

after having it loaded to your truck

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
You get the tunes emailed to you, then you install them via the V2.

that's about the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

I have my V2 all ready to go, just waiting for some tunes. :D

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
steve save yourself 300 bucks and get hp tuners tunes are free and tech support is amazing and there is really no diffrence between hp tuners and efi live

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh ya and i have your OS saved so i can build you tunes and modify them for you and just email them to you and you can install them then you dont have to drive out here

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
You can make all the tunes you want. You start from your stock tune and modify it from there to reach your goal. You don't need a license for each tune the licenses pertain to the truck. So long as you're tuning the same truck you only need 1 license. When you tune a 2nd truck you use a 2nd license. You can make infinite changes, if you load a tune in your truck that you don't like you just change it. As far as HP tuners tunes being free, I would have to disagree. To a point any tune is free as long as you're the one writing it. If you want a professionally written tune you'll pay for it in most cases. Now with EFI you will most likely get 2 free mild tunes with your purchase and any tune above that will have to be purchased. In your case I think the V1 will be more than adequate.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Ok just wanted to check, Ill be sure to and make sure im squared away with that before i make the final purchase.

So let me get this figured out, the v2 comes with 2 free tunes. Say ones a tow tune and the other is a stock tranny safe street tune that i have some one make for me...

Further down the road, having a better understanding and more expirence, am i able to make changes to these tunes or do i have to buy a whole new license to make changes and run the tune?
so once you make the chages there final? no way to undo the changes that you made?

after having it loaded to your truck

the beauty of efilive is you can make changes to tunes as often as you like...and as much as some people make it seem impossible to do yourself its really not that hard if you have some time to learn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts