Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
509hp 708ft-lbs?:s

Hey, im new on here and was just wondering if you guys could help me out. Im very confused with the numbers I pulled on the dyno last week. 509hp 708ft-lbs. I know the dyno shouldnt be out, a freind of mine pulled a 516hp 1080ft-lbs with an 08 superduty right before me. Im just wondering why my torque is so low.
PPE stage 4
PPE triple disc 2200stall
PPE lift pump
PPE tierod sleeves
PPE overhead console gauges
PPE boost valve
EFI live tune
ported intake elbow
Stock intake, cut box with k&n filter
31pounds on stock turbo.

·
Needs more go fast
12,519 Posts
all depends on how the tune was made

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
who made your tunes?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's basically the ppe level 10 with a modified boost table

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've done everything at my freinds new performance shop, just got efi live, we're still learning, I just thought that with it being 509hp that the torque numbers would be close to everyone else's numbers on here. I guess I have some work to do!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Having a reputable tuner actually tune your EFI setup will yield you the results you're looking for.. There is a reason why most guys running high hp/tq numbers effieciently rely on the best tuners out there. I recommend Idaho rob @ ATP personally but nick from duramaxtuner is also very good as is Justin from blue demon

Definitely NOT sent from my iPhone while jumping on a trampoline wearing a banana hammock..

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats very true, but theres only one way to get good at it! would a trans tune help, or are they just a waste of time, the guy at the dyno shop seemed to think its a big deal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts