Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am currently deployed to Afghan and I have just purchased a 2011 Duramax and need some advice and help!

I am Active Duty and am stationed in Tennesse which has no emissions testing so I won't have a problem there, how ever, I am from Arizona and the truck will be registered there! I won't have to worry about getting an emissions test because I will be in Tennesse and it won't have to get tested! with this said I will be returning to Arizona when my enlistment is over so I will have to get emissions tested eventually!

I would like to get the exhaust, a programer, and cold air induction; but, I am worried about the warrenty! My grandfather has an 05' Duramax, he had some issues with a bad ecu, and he took it the the dealer for warrenty with his bully dog down loader still mounted and they gave him shit about it but still did the warrenty work for free and he still had his warrenty (they didn't take his warrenty away even though they saw the programmer).

I was woundering if anyone else had the luck my Grandfather did with after market parts and warrenty!? The reason being is I want to get a turbo back exhaust system, 4 inch which I think is the factory size?, so I can get it put in and have it custome built so I can swap out the DPF and the factory muffler. Kinda like this - (exhaust pipe) coupler/bolt set up (after market muffler) coupler/bolt set up (tail pipe exhaust). The idea is to have the DPF and factory muffler (factory set up) interchangable with an after market set up! I need some advise and opinion!

Also, I would like some advice on aftermarket products! I want a dual exhaust set up, Cold Air, and a programmer that will give me safe power for the motor and transmission!

Hello from Afghanistan, can't wait to see the Free World again, and thank you for your time and advice in advance,

John Mac

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am currently deployed to Afghan and I have just purchased a 2011 Duramax and need some advice and help!

I am Active Duty and am stationed in Tennesse which has no emissions testing so I won't have a problem there, how ever, I am from Arizona and the truck will be registered there! I won't have to worry about getting an emissions test because I will be in Tennesse and it won't have to get tested! with this said I will be returning to Arizona when my enlistment is over so I will have to get emissions tested eventually!

I would like to get the exhaust, a programer, and cold air induction; but, I am worried about the warrenty! My grandfather has an 05' Duramax, he had some issues with a bad ecu, and he took it the the dealer for warrenty with his bully dog down loader still mounted and they gave him shit about it but still did the warrenty work for free and he still had his warrenty (they didn't take his warrenty away even though they saw the programmer).

I was woundering if anyone else had the luck my Grandfather did with after market parts and warrenty!? The reason being is I want to get a turbo back exhaust system, 4 inch which I think is the factory size?, so I can get it put in and have it custome built so I can swap out the DPF and the factory muffler. Kinda like this - (exhaust pipe) coupler/bolt set up (after market muffler) coupler/bolt set up (tail pipe exhaust). The idea is to have the DPF and factory muffler (factory set up) interchangable with an after market set up! I need some advise and opinion!

Also, I would like some advice on aftermarket products! I want a dual exhaust set up, Cold Air, and a programmer that will give me safe power for the motor and transmission!

Hello from Afghanistan, can't wait to see the Free World again, and thank you for your time and advice in advance,

John Mac

Congrats on the new truck, what exactly did you buy? I hope that whatever time you got left over there goes by quickly as I know you are excited to get to your new truck. I cant really help you on the questions about exhaust etc as I am a newbie to the diesel stuff.

I am in Iraq now, should be in Afghanistan by Nov/Dec if all goes well. Take care and be safe over there and hurry home to the new truck and family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new truck, what exactly did you buy? I hope that whatever time you got left over there goes by quickly as I know you are excited to get to your new truck. I cant really help you on the questions about exhaust etc as I am a newbie to the diesel stuff.

I am in Iraq now, should be in Afghanistan by Nov/Dec if all goes well. Take care and be safe over there and hurry home to the new truck and family.
I got a 2011 Duramax crew cab, standard bed, 4X4, LTZ. It is summit white with the tan leather interior. I wanted the black interior, but it's slim pickings right now!

On the down hill now for this rotation! I hope you have a safe tour your self and thanx for the support!:thumb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts