Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 01 lb7, k&n intake, 5 inch exhaust (high flow muffler and no cat), 3"body lift and 33 inch tires, getting a lovely 14 mpg. Looking at getting a chip that will increase milage and if power comes so be it, i only have a stock tranny. Where should i go? i read lots of good things about quadzilla and even more about ppe, and no i dont have the dollars for efi live right now. What chip will help my milage the most?

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I have a PPE and like it. However, I am thinking about EFI Live and wich I had just listened to everyone to begin w/ and got that first. Oh well.... Live and learn.

But, my PPE is a great tuner and has increased mileage and power nicely.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would still go with efi live.. even if you cant afford the whole setup with the v2, you can (for right around the same price as a canned tuner) get a preprogrammed ecm w/ v2 if you arent too concerned with having 5 tunes. just my 0.02 :thumb

·
Registered
805 Posts
^^i made the same mistake

- Adam

·
Registered
805 Posts
That was to scottdomine sorry

- Adam

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
None of the canned tuners are even comparable to EFI, but if the moneys not there, it's just not there. That being said, I ran a PPE before I got EFI and really liked it. Nice power gains and way better mileage

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does a ppe read codes and can it block the smog stuff?( dont remember what its call)

·
Registered
510 Posts
You can get EFI for the same or less $$$$ than a PPE IIRC

Please check into this or you will regret it, ask everyone here.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can get EFI for the same or less $$$$ than a PPE IIRC

Please check into this or you will regret it, ask everyone here.
what is the IIRC? i was just planning on getting the standard economy ppe

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
if i recall correctly. ppe econ would be nice. i'd get a EFI pretuned ECM if i had the option.

my edge has been good to me. averaging a little over 16 and have lots of cold short trips and i like the skinny pedal on occasion

clean your MAF, search how to do it. that K and N is oiled and gets crap on the sensor

·
Registered
831 Posts
Bruh, you got an LB7. Get rid of that damn muffler. Our trucks sounds SICK straight piped! Trust me, I know:thumb:gearjamin

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
i own a 01 lb7, k&n intake, 5 inch exhaust (high flow muffler and no cat), 3"body lift and 33 inch tires, getting a lovely 14 mpg. Looking at getting a chip that will increase milage and if power comes so be it, i only have a stock tranny. Where should i go? i read lots of good things about quadzilla and even more about ppe, and no i dont have the dollars for efi live right now. What chip will help my milage the most?
we have a couple options right now that are actually cheaper than most canned tuner.

we a offering a loaner v2 and you could send us your ecm and we will overnight it back the very next day. both those options are cheaper than purchasing a canned tuner.

shoot me a pm if you would like to see pricing for those bud :drink

you will be MUCH happier with EFILive

·
Registered
510 Posts
we have a couple options right now that are actually cheaper than most canned tuner.

we a offering a loaner v2 and you could send us your ecm and we will overnight it back the very next day. both those options are cheaper than purchasing a canned tuner.

shoot me a pm if you would like to see pricing for those bud :drink

you will be MUCH happier with EFILive

Listen to this guy^^^^ he speaks the truth, you will love it

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, i see you guys are crazy for efi live, and yes i plan to be there someday when i have more money, that being said, any of you guys have thoughts on the lower end stuff, ex. quad, diablo, ect... something thats decent for the few hundred bucks it costs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
if i were to ship out my ecm for you guys to tune, would i get a package with the dsp switch and whatever else i may need? i'm looking into this in the near future as i am just getting back to work after an injury

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Pm sickdiesel, with thier new v2 loan system I bet it wi be same price, and efilive is worth it, I was unsure because of cost but you will want it, and it is everything people on here make it out to be

·
Registered
510 Posts
ok, i see you guys are crazy for efi live, and yes i plan to be there someday when i have more money, that being said, any of you guys have thoughts on the lower end stuff, ex. quad, diablo, ect... something thats decent for the few hundred bucks it costs?
Please, just price the EFI first, im telling you its worthe the evtra 100$ over a damn predator or any canned tuner!!!

If you arent satisfied I will personally drive to wherever you live, sit down in your driveway and let you, and your friends throw rocks at my nuts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If you arent satisfied I will personally drive to wherever you live, sit down in your driveway and let you, and your friends throw rocks at my nuts
:rof love the dedication!

but seriously, i promise you that you will get that canned tuner, be happy for like a month or so, and then begin regretting it horribly. Happens to everyone that chooses this route.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have a ppe standard and love it, of coarse it was a toss up between that and a pre programmed ecu w/dsp5 from Nick (duramaxtuner) and decided to go with the ppe for now only because i got a scream of a deal on it ... i really like it and it does what i need .. will probably switch to a dsp5 from Nick when i build my trans tho

1 - 20 of 24 Posts