Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some stuff going on my 03ccsb and some much needed love injected. So far I put on a s&b cold air dry filter, new hid headlights with smoked out lenses, and a locked fuel door (truck stays parked outside. I also have a 4" muffler delete pipe, new tail lights, b d adj wastegate, and all new front end suspension parts. Those include all ball joints, pitman arms etc. I already know what I have to do to re wire my new tailights but was wondering if anyone has tips or tricks on the best/ easiest way to de-weld the muffler and replace the ball joints etc.... Give me your knowledge!;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just cut it off with a reciprocating saw and buy the pipe long enough to fit inside the existing pipe a few inches on both sides and re weld it or clamp it. No that's what I did and have had no issues Hope that helps

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I thought about that but already bought the pipe and its not much longer... Plus the muffler butts up right next to a bend... Plan on clamping and keeping the muffler... Future possible inspection possibilities.:thumbdown:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts