Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally..... blocked my EGR after work tonight. What a royal pain! My advice is to soak the two 12mm nuts with some PB Blaster before you even think about trying to break them loose. I have 1256 hours on the engine; hopefully I didn't wait too long to block it. I had to trim the tabs on the plate slightly to get it in. It was just too tight of a fit and kept hanging on the studs. I wish I could have taken some pictures of the process to help someone else out that plans on doing this but there is NO room to really get a camera back there. After all of the prying and getting a couple of screwdrivers wedged in, it finally went. I did have to take my passenger plastic fender well out which helped. A friend also helped out by getting on a creeper and pryed from underneath. Good luck to anyone that plans on doing this. PATIENCE is the key!!! It will finally go so don't give up. Total time spent on this project was a little over 3 hours.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Wow that was a long install, congrats on getting that done, im sure your glad to have that done. I se your from Dublin GA, ive been there several times. I go down to Augusta whenever i can to visit my Dad.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
good job on the install, on the lmm you dont get to see much ya just kinda feel around back there like a blind person:rof

my arms were a mess after the install and my gut was bruised

·
USMC
795 Posts
thanks for the info. I hope to have mine done this weekend if i get it the mail by then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts