Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2018 6.6L Silverado 2500 HD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 3 glow plug related permanent codes and no warning indication on the dash. Does anyone have any idea why? Truck is acting totally normal, is there any chance the previous owner changed some of the glow plugs and never did a glow plug relearn and therefor I have un-clearable permanent codes?

· Registered
7,493 Posts
What are the codes? And how do you know that they're permanent? Have the glow plugs for those cylinders been replaced recently?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the codes? And how do you know that they're permanent? Have the glow plugs for those cylinders been replaced recently?
I have cylinder number 2 glow plug wrong, cylinder 2 glow plug out of learn limit, and cylinder 6 plug out of learn limit. I bought the truck like 2 months and 3000 miles ago so I have replaced nothing. However the inner fenders are missing a few of there bolts like they have been taken off to change the plugs. I just think it’s strange I have no CEL or anything but my scanner tells me I have 3 permanently stored codes that I can’t clear…. Also some information that might be helpful is my edge cs2 says “no codes found” when I go into diagnostics, but my actual code scanner comes back with those 3 codes

· Registered
7,493 Posts
What are the code numbers? I have never heard of an out-of-learn limit for a glow plug fault.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the code numbers? I have never heard of an out-of-learn limit for a glow plug fault.
I have P1339, P133D, and P0672, I also got a hold of the dealership today and found out those plugs were changed in November along with the harness. Part of me is starting to think they are old stored/ permanent codes in the computer. I just don’t know if I should do anything or if I can do anything about it.

· Registered
7,836 Posts
Does the truck remote start?

Active codes, including glow plug, will prevent remote start.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does the truck remote start?

Active codes, including glow plug, will prevent remote start.
Remote starts fine, has no CEL the glow plug light on the dash come on then off quick before a keyed start. Absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I was just trying to figure out why I have 3 codes I can’t clear. I got the same three codes with a different code reader ass well. Although my edge cts doesn’t come back with any codes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.