Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here's the situation.
I had all 8 of my injectors replaced with new updated Bosch injectors from Lincoln diesel, put new high pressure fuel rail lines on from kb diesel performance. I also replaced my glow plug control module.
I ran codes in my little code reader and it called for a circuit error, and then a air intake temperature sensor 2 malfunction. I replaced the sensor, that code went away, but the one circuit code is still there. I had it plugged in and it said to reprogram the glow plug control module and the code will go away.
Now, I am not sure how to do this.
How can I have this done, and how can I fix this so my check engine light off for good?

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
610 Posts
If you changed the GPCM then you will copy the injector flow rates from ECM into the GPCM. It might also need to be flashed for your VIN.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you changed the GPCM then you will copy the injector flow rates from ECM into the GPCM. It might also need to be flashed for your VIN.
Okay, I understand. Would you happen to know if a mechanic and repair shop would be able to do this? Or does somebody specific have to

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
610 Posts
Doing the flow rates is pretty easy with a good scanner such as snap-on. The flash will take a gm scanner. Most good shops around my area have that but not sure about your area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doing the flow rates is pretty easy with a good scanner such as snap-on. The flash will take a gm scanner. Most good shops around my area have that but not sure about your area.
Okay gotcha. So will a shop need to just reprogram my flow injector balance rates into my glow plug control module or could they only just flash it for the VIN? Or do they have to do both?
I'm only asking so many questions because this is the last code that's present under my engine and I want it taken care of and handled. I have one guy who I know who can do it for me the flash part but he said it'd be about 180. He said he had recommended a dealer.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
610 Posts
I believe you will need to do both. 180 seems kinda steep to do a flash but maybe I’m wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe you will need to do both. 180 seems kinda steep to do a flash but maybe I’m wrong.
I talked to my cousin who had put the fuel injectors in the truck, he's a mechanic, he said that he could flash the module for the latest update. I'm not sure if that would solve the issue or not

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to my cousin who had put the fuel injectors in the truck, he's a mechanic, he said that he could flash the module for the latest update. I'm not sure if that would solve the issue or not
Or better yet if I had gotten a scan tool, what kind of scan tool would I need to get personally to be able to do this myself?
Or what scan tools and specific what I need to be able to do this myself

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
610 Posts
Yes that flash should work. You will still need to copy injector flow rates over though. As for the scan tool you will need a pretty decent higher end tool to do it. Your couple hundred dollar code reader wont do it. I have an Autel scanner myself that does the flow rates. I could do flashing with it as well i believe with right atachments. Costs over 1000$ though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes that flash should work. You will still need to copy injector flow rates over though. As for the scan tool you will need a pretty decent higher end tool to do it. Your couple hundred dollar code reader wont do it. I have an Autel scanner myself that does the flow rates. I could do flashing with it as well i believe with right atachments. Costs over 1000$ though.
If you use the Snap-On scanner I'm only asking because he has one he's not entirely 100% positive on how to copy the flow injector rates over to the glow plug control module from the ECM, how would you go about doing that with a Snap-On scanner? Like what would be a point in the right direction using a Snap-On scanner to do that successfully? Because he can flash it for me and take care of the update for my VIN number, but he wasn't entirely certain on how to copy the flow rates over with his Snap-On scanner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts