Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a Code Alarm 6150 installed on my truck. The security portion is not currently active, only keyless entry and remote start. Since the install on Monday, I get a DTC P0674 at startup in the morning. I clear it with my Edge Evolution and it is not a problem for the remaninder of the day. It only happens after the truck has sat over night.

Any ideas on where to start? I intend to test the glow plug for the 4th cylinder in the near future but have my doubts that it will be faulty since the code doesn't show again during the day.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
considering that - but seems strange that it went out immediately after the remote start was installed. I watched to make sure the delay was working properly and it seems right to me - lights on dash come on, 15 sec later truck starts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had code 0676. Replaced glow plug number 6 and the code went away. You need to replace glow plug number 4. Should be second one back on the drivers side. Pull the fender lining out and it is about 20-30 min and $15.99 from O'Reilly's.
I had the same thing. The code would come on when I first started in the morning, and then didn't have any issues later in the day. I also tried plugging my truck in at night (even though it didn't get very cold) and I didn't have the code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
not sure where this post will show on the forum not a computer person, but here goes, had a code PO676, was # 6 glow plug, replaced with new Delco unit, light is still on, disconnected both batteries for about 20 minutes, and still light is on. do i need to have someone with a diagnostic unit physical remove the code or is it something else. thanks for any reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the replys, i drove the truck about 10 miles actually heading to a Auto Zone to read the code to see if it was the same or new code and it cleared itself.

·
Registered
991 Posts
just replaced my num. 1 glow plug today. if you clear the code and your engine doesn't get cool enough during to try and bring on the glow plugs your code appears to have gone away and the CEL light stays out that is until your engine trys the glow plugs later once it has cooled off and guaranteed your CEL light comes back on. I also had to do glow plug 3 a few months ago. really easy fix!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
not sure where this post will show on the forum not a computer person, but here goes, had a code PO676, was # 6 glow plug, replaced with new Delco unit, light is still on, disconnected both batteries for about 20 minutes, and still light is on. do i need to have someone with a diagnostic unit physical remove the code or is it something else. thanks for any reply
Yes once you replace the plug the code needs to be cleared with a scan tool. most of the auto parts store do it now for free.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When replacing the #4 glow plug, does the single bolt on the steering column allow you to separate the column and get it out of the way?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts