Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an fyi. My 2017 Sierra 2500HD had a glow plug failure at 60K. Got two codes. P0671 and P06C5. Ran for about a month before I got i into the dealer. They found one glow plug with high resistance and replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked mine up from the dealer with the same issue. They replaced one glow plug and updated the control module. Just over 50K, all was under warranty.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had a bad one in hole #4 too. 29,000km...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Second glow plug failure at 80K. Same code P0671. This time #1 glow plug. Replaced under warranty. I'll expect another failure around 100K :) At least I should get a bunch of them replaced before end of warranty. Truck runs great with no other issues.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Odd, My dads 2017 was saying something about bring the truck in for a recall. After he got it back having same issue.

I think still had 4 stock glow plugs in my 2010 when I sold it with over 850,000 miles.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to update, I had my third glow plug failure at 85K miles. Different glow plug. Maybe by the time the warranty ends they will have replaced them all :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I replaced #1 at 100k miles. Ran with the check engine light on for a while before I replaced it.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
welcome to the glow plug club! they replaced all of mine over a year and now number 7 is acting up again! I think they need better ones!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts